Intento MT Hub provides access to 20+ machine translation systems, plus custom models, smart routing mechanisms, and a variety of tweaking abilities for pre- and post-processing.
This plugin allows you to benefit from the Intento MT Hub magic right in the SDL Trados Studio.
Installing the Plugin
Get the latest plugin version from the SDL AppStore.
To install the plugin, you need to double click on it.
If you already had the Intento plugin, then by installing the new version, you thereby delete the previous one.
Configuring the Plugin
- To set up the plugin go to Project Settings.
- Click on Translation Memory and Automated Translation, then click on Use… tab and choose Intento MT Provider.
- Click Enter your Intento API key, enter your Intento API key and press the Test and save button. You may get API key at https://console.inten.to
- Click Change MT Settings.
- In the window that opens, you need to choose a particular provider from the list or select MT provider based on the Intento Benchmarks
- Click Test and save. Before the settings are saved, the plugin will translate a short (1-2 characters) text to check the settings are correct.
- Close the Plugin settings form.
Smart routing mode
If you do not need to use a specific provider, you can ask Intento to make this choice for you.
We select the MT provider for you automatically according to the latest public Intento MT Benchmark.
The default smart routing has several differences from the report. We route only to engines that are:
- affordable (<$25 per 1M characters),
- provide full data protection,
- highly available and reliable,
- demonstrate good performance on private datasets (note that the report uses public data).
For language pairs that are not in the report, we extrapolate.
To use Smart routing feature click checkbox:
After that, you can no longer choose a provider or other options. Intento will do it for you.
Click Test and save at the bottom of the form.